COVID-19 Update: InRoads Insurance is open, but we ask that all business with our office be handled by phone or email. Read more here.

When you need insurance claims counselling, call a broker first

By March 17, 2020 No Comments
Man sitting at his desk. He is on the phone, asking for advice.

We all know that accidents happen. Insurance helps to protect us during these incidences. But there may be a time when you are uncertain if you should put in an insurance claim, especially if there has been little damage and you have a larger deductible. Turn to your insurance broker first for advice.

What is claims counselling?

Claims counselling is helping our clients decide whether or not they should make an insurance claim. At InRoads we’re your personal advisor on insurance. An insurance broker offers claims counselling to help evaluate your situation and help you decide if it is worth putting in an insurance claim.

A minor chip on your windshield or a scratch on your car could end up costing you more in the long term if you choose to make a claim. That’s where claims counselling comes in. Our team of experts look at the big picture and can provide valuable advice. We look at your deductible and your policy coverage and can make a recommendation based on your needs. Ultimately it’s your decision.

Keep in mind that a more serious auto accident involving injury or property damage needs to be reported to your insurance agent, broker, or insurance company within seven days, regardless of who is at fault.

Making a claim can be stressful. We’re here to help you through the process. If you are uncertain if you should put in an insurance claim for a minor incident, InRoads can provide claims counselling to help you make a decision that’s best for your situation.